The Berry Farm Cottage Café as it is known today was originally a group settler’s home circa 1925. Vera Vinall created the cottage gardens from 1946 – 1949, then known as Thornhill Farm. The property was purchased by the Lindsay Family in 1984 and the Berry Farm was born.
The Cottage Café opened its doors in 1985, offering delicious morning/afternoon teas and country style lunches. Initially, home-made jams were produced on a small scale in the cottage until growing demand saw the need for larger production. With the establishment of a small commercial kitchen, additional jams and condiments were introduced. In 1987, a winery building incorporating the tasting area and manufactured goods outlet was opened offering the first fruit wines and traditional fruit wine vinegars.