Managing the SEO of your webpage can be a challenge. So instead of getting head on with optimization, it is better if you improve your SEO step by step.
Let’s just say that you have a responsive web design Mississauga you haven’t given a thought on how you can make it more visible to your audiences. Your website’s rank can increase only if you build your SEO strategies correctly. The two major SEO parts are on-page and off-page. Here’s what you need to know on how to get started on them.
On-page SEO is when the optimization that is done on your specific website. Although it can be challenging but this is completely under your control. There are several strategies you can implement right away.
• Use Keywords – Keywords can help let the search engines know what the website is about. The keyword you use must be according to your industry, products and services. But try not to be too broad when it comes to choosing your keywords. Instead add name of your city or neighborhood when choosing a keyword phrase. When you add local terms, the search engine and the customers will know where you are located.
Another keyword you can use is long-tail ones. A long-tail keyword has more than three words. For example- If your website sells socks, you can use keyword phrases like cute ankle socks.
• Mobile optimized– As many prefer smartphones over desktops, it is important that your website is mobile-friendly. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile, it is at risk of being penalized by Google.
You want your users to easily read the content on your site and make sure the elements aren’t overlapping. Check whether the website’s menus are easily navigable even with less space. If the menus aren’t legible, then you need adjust them accordingly.
• Website Speed and Security- Another major factors in SEO is speed and security of your website. Most browsers won’t let users enter your website if you won’t have HTTPS protocol and a slow-loading website won’t rank higher on Google either. For this, you must use a secure host and an HTTPS protocol. To increase the loading speed of your site, use cache to boost load time.
Off-page SEO boosts your website’s authority as well as create a better reputation. However, unlike On-page SEO, this is not under your control.
Some Off-page SEO you should consider:
• Getting Good Reviews – If you want to sell your products and services on the digital market, reviews can be a boon to your business. Reviews can make or break your brand. For reviews, you can ask your customers to share them on your website. Don’t be afraid of bad reviews as this too will help in building trust with your brand.
If you do have negative reviews, address your consumers’ concerns and queries.
• Use Google’s Business page – When you add your contact details (Address, phone number, business hours etc) you will be shown on searches that includes “near me”. Your business will also show up on the Google maps, which will boost your visibility. Make sure your name, address and phone number is consistent whether it is your social media profile, company website, business listings etc.
• Getting high-quality inbound links – This is one of the most challenging aspect of Off-page SEO. To get inbound links you can either create an in-depth content or use outreach strategies too. You can do this by finding resource pages related to your industry and ask the page owner if you can add your links on those pages. Another way you can get links is by guest posting.
At Enterprise Web Cloud, we make sure that our internet marketing technique helps your website receive the desired traffic.
Author Bio: Russell Wiltenburg is a content manager at Enterprise Web Cloud, leading digital marketing & web designing in Mississauga. She loves writing informative and technical blogs acknowledged by many entrepreneurs around the world. You Can Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.